Spray foam is the biggest innovation in the insulation industry since the introduction of fiberglass in the 1950s. This advancement in technology allows us to create more energy efficient and comfortable homes with lower R-value, cutting homeowners’ heating and cooling costs in half.
Experienced Spray Foam Insulation Contractor
USI has received awards and media coverage for many high profile construction jobs for which we’ve provided installed spray foam insulation. Here are some recent projects that highlight our unique installation experience.
- USI Commercial Spray Foam Insulation Featured on National TV (video below)
- NextGen Net Zero Tiny House (video below)
Protection Beyond R-Value
Spray foam insulation products cannot be measured by R-value alone. While traditional fiberglass insulation can only protect against heating and cooling loss caused by conduction, spray foam thoroughly protects against all six paths of heating and cooling loss.
- Conduction – The transfer of heat through materials in contact with insulation.
- Convection – The movement of hot and cold air in your walls.
- Radiation – The transfer of heat through your walls and roof.
- Air Infiltration – The transfer of heat by air flow between the exterior and interior.
- Moisture Accumulation – Moisture within the insulation that leads to heat loss/gain.
- Air Intrusion – The movement of outside air into your home and then back out.
|Spray Foam Insulation||Open Cell||Closed Cell|
|Composition||Soft polyurethane foam||Hard polyurethane foam|
|Air Sealing Properties||Better than other insulation products||Best among insulation products|
Advantages of Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam works best when applied to the attic ceiling. As such, you will feel little difference (approximately 5-10 degrees F) between the attic and your living space. The combination of air sealing and insulation can reduce heating and cooling energy usage by as much as 40 to 60 percent (Source: www.builtsmartresources.com).
Your home will also benefit from a lifetime of:
- Better moisture control
- Reduced intrusion of dust and pollen, noise and pests
- Increased structural strength with closed cell spray foam
For more information about spray foam insulation, please contact us.