We are proud to share that USI was just selected as the winner of the 2016 Contractor Excellence Award in the Residential Wall Foam category. The Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA) held the Contractor Awards Ceremony today, February 10th, 2016. This event celebrates the diversity and impact of SPF along with the great projects, contractors and manufacturers that make it happen.
USI received this recognition for the work we did on the NGHTV NextGen Net Zero Healthy Home, which you can read about here.
Jim Tipperreiter, USI VP Sales & Marketing, accepted the award and said, “meeting new energy codes is critical for builders, but designing solutions that are cost effective is also important. USI has worked with a lot of builders outside of traditional residential and commercial projects, including providing the spray foam insulation for a next generation building design such as the NextGen Net Zero home.”
The 2016 SPFA Industry Excellence Award Nominees and Judging Criteria
Several insulation contractors were nominated for the 2016 SPFA Industry Excellence Award and we are honored to have been chosen as the winner.
- A New Millenium – Next Generation Adobe Home
- Arizona Foam Spray – Gila River Indian Community
- EMC Insulation – Superstition Mountain Estate
- Foam Insulators of MD & VA – The Lightning House
- Polyseal – Point Lay Housing
- Purefoam Roofing & Insulation – Barn/House
- USI – NextGen Net Zero / Healthy House
Thank you to Covestro, who supplied the material for this project, and to the jury of our peers, who judged all of the projects and selected USI as the winner.
- Jim Anderson, JA Consulting LLC
- Rick Duncan, SPFA
- James Kirby, Kirby Energy Group, Inc.
- Mason Knowles, Mason Knowles Consulting
- Roger Lock, Raymond Engineering
- Roger Morrison, Deer Ridge Consulting, Inc.
- Xuaco Pascual, Honeywell
- Robb Smith, Amtech Building Sciences, Inc.
- Mac Sheldon, Sheldon Consulting
Projects are submitted to them anonymously and considered only on their merits.
The judging criteria:
- Innovation (5%)
- Best Practice (20%)
- Problem Solving (10%)
- Risk Mitigation (20%)
- Value for Money (25%)
- Speed of Delivery (5%)
- Environmental Sustainability (15%)
There are a lot of things to consider when installing spray foam insulation and it is always a good idea to get a professional opinion. For more information, contact USI online to get a free quote. USI believes that excellence in every step of the process and ensures timely completion and quality of service, time after time.